Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 19:27:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        yiha yiha <yiha2@hotmail.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, yiha yiha wrote:

> Do I need to uninstall my WIndows 95 to install free bsd?

It depends on your disk configuration. FreeBSD must be installed
in its own partition.  The way many PCs come setup requires
reconfiguring the existing partion(s), which generally requires
reformatting all affected partitions.   There are, however,
programs that will adjust partitions without requiring a complete
re-install, but I've never used them and I *certainly* wouldn't
use them without having a backup of my data!

-john