Date:               Mon, 3 Nov 1997 13:27:08 CET+1
From:      "Adam Galant" <AGALANT@okwf1.okwf.fuw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         I have a problem with my mouse...

    I have had a following problem with FreeBSD:
  After the instalation my FreeBSD worked fine  (the installation was
easy, quite unlike some Linux systems) with one exception: it didn't
see my mouse. I mean: no mouse cursor appeared when I moved the
mouse, the X-server didn't detect my mouse either, so I coudn't run
it. I'm not sure, what is wrong: I've installed FreeBSD on three
different computers, with three different mice, but the results were
the same. I didn't even get any error message. Problem with mouse
is the main reason why I use Linux (although I like FreeBSD much
more). My mice mork with Linux.
  I've been thinking about solving this problem. I've got two ideas:
(1) no mouse daemon (like Linux's GPM, shuld I install it?); (2)
something wrong with the device files; (3) bad address or IRQ no. of
my serial ports (this is the least likely, as I remember, these were
set correctly). I didn't try to check above possibilities, as I'm not
eager to destroy my working Linux system. I prefer to ask experts
first.

 Regards,

         Adam Galant
    agalant@okwf.fuw.edu.pl