Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 02:25:44 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDPD modems -- Novatel Ministrel, et al.

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 10:43:00PM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
> the cheapest and easiest device.  I notice that there are also options to
> use external cell phones, but I'd rather just have a PCCARD device.
> Motorolla used to have a CDPD card that just looked like a serial port,
> but unfortunately that seems no longer to be in production.  The web page

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for my Novatel
Merlin to arrive.  It'll work with FreeBSD; I've already tested my
friend's (the bastard!).  He says the reception seems to be quite bad
(compared to other CDPD devices).  I guess I'll find out.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/