Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 18:30:39 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Release Build Errors...  More...

Simon Shapiro scribbled this message on Sep 18:
> >  this is a port, do:
> >  cvs /tmp
> >  cvs co ports/textproc/sgmlformat
> >  cd ports/textproc/sgmlformat
> >  make all install
>
> ===> sgmlfmt
> install -c -o bin -g bin -m 444 sgmlfmt.1.gz  /usr/local/man/man1
> install -c -o bin -g bin -m 555 sgmlfmt  /usr/local/bin
> To avoid any confusion with the versions of these tools that
> might already be installed in your system, after installing this
> package you may wish move or remove:
>
> /usr/bin/sgmlfmt
> /usr/bin/sgmls
> /usr/bin/instant
> /usr/share/sgml/*  (all subdirectories)
>

> >>-->>>  Should I do that?

well.. considering that /usr/bin/sgmlfmt doesn't exist..  the others
probably won't either.. but you might just make sure that they don't
exist...

> ===>  Registering installation for sgmlformat-1.4
> Warning: "/usr/ports/textproc/docbook" non-existent -- @pkgdep registration
> incomplete
> Warning: "/usr/ports/textproc/jade" non-existent -- @pkgdep registration
> incomplete
> Warning: "/usr/ports/textproc/linuxdoc" non-existent -- @pkgdep
> registration incomplete
>
> >>-->>>  Should I pay any attention to these?

you probably need them as they contain the definitions that sgmlfmt
uses...  so you probably should install those too...

I'm not sure exactly what was needed as I had built/installed jade
before it was a port... so my system still works (for building a web
mirror)...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD