Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:25:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Flemming =?iso-8859-1?q?Fr=F8kj=E6r?= <flemming@froekjaer.org>, freebsd-java <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mod_jk failes to load.

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Flemming,
>
> Please file a PR. I will look into this ASAP. Probably tonight. Any ideas wrt
> a solution would be appreciated.
>
> Ernst
>
> On Thursday 11 April 2002 10:42, Flemming Frxkjfr wrote:
> > >/usr/local/sbin/apachectl configtest
> >
> > Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into
> > server: /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined
> > symbol "pthread_mutex_unlock"

I've come across this too, a little while ago. As I recall, the problem
was that I'd compiled apache without threading*. I tried turning on the
threading; unfortunately on 4-stable, this meant that httpd processes
didn't sleep and ate up all my cycles :-(

I got it fixed in the end - I'll have a look now to see if I can figure
out what I did.

Cheers,
jan

* this is IIRC, which I rarely do with 100% accuracy.

"Sufficiently large"="infinite" for sufficiently large values of "sufficiently"