Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 1998 01:55:53 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD w/ Cyrix Media GX chip

Anybody know if the new Cyrix MediaGX
(http://www.cyrix.com/corpor/press/mgxtour/gxm-tour.htm) chip works with
FreeBSD? I would guess the sound and SVGA systems wouldn't work (yet) since
the sound is on-cpu "XpressAudio" and the video is on-cpu "XpressVideo."
The reason I'm asking is that the computer store where I work can get
180MHz systems (w/o HD, CD-ROM, or RAM) for $235 cost. So they're cheap and
small (the box is only a few inches in each dimension larger than a
notebook). Of course, it only has room for one 3.5" floppy (built-in), one
3.5" HD, and one 5.25" device (CDROM or other IDE device), one ISA slot and
two PCI slots. I'm thinking these could make nice small mail or secondary
DNS servers...
--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com   ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org
PGP Key & Geek Code available on web page