Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:04:51 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some food for thought...just desserts!

Thomas Good wrote:

> Do you live near NYC?  You're welcome to stop by...I'll keep the
> coffee warm.

I'm afraid not, I live on the left coast.

> Anyway, this would be a good thing - but probably
> impossible unless the various vendors agreed to comply with base stds.

This is already the goal of the Linux Standard Base.

> Second conclusion:  We need to lobby ORA to put out a fleet of FBSD books.
> I am thinking of writing an open letter to Tim O.  Wanna collaborate?

I've got a lot of stuff on my plate already. Writing a letter is no
problem, writing a book would be a lot of work. But I'm still thinking
on it.

Didn't there used to be an ORA BSD book years ago? I recall it was a
generic Unix book, but geared towards 4.4BSD instead of their generic
Unix books today that that are geared towards SysV and Solaris.

David