Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:43:22 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewire/USB HDD question

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 01:09:55PM +0200, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> is not much in the way of storage devices -- what USB HDDs are supported
> (or is this just standard?). Any help in the way of what I should get

Some enclosures use USB-ATA bridge chips. sos has expressed an interest
in supporting these in ATAng but someone needs to get the hardware to him
to kickstart the process. This work is only happening in CURRENT and might
find its way into 5.2.

I had an attempt at hacking up umass to do it last year.

It wasn't pretty.

BMS