Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:30:52 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FReeBSD and dell optiplex

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 01:44:49 AM -0600 RJ45 <rj45@slacknet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> anyone has tryed FreeBSD with Dell Optiplex sx280 ?
> I am not interested that audio or X11 graphics is supported,
> if the main hardware is supported and it works it would be great.
> anyone has experience with this machine ?

I have FreeBSD 4.9 running on a Dell Optiplex.  Not sure which model it is,
but it's a 1.7GHz machine with a gig of ram, and it runs fine.  I also have
it running on a Dell PowerEdge server with a 1 GHz processor, 1 gig of ram.
Works fine there as well.

I can't imagine that you'd have any problems, especially since you don't
care about sound and graphics.  Neither of the above-mentioned Dells have
sound or X running on them.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas