Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 08:33:57 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        jehamby@lightside.com (Jake Hamby)
Cc:        Kai.Vorma@hut.fi, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Java..

> I just downloaded 2.0b3 for Linux to check out the Java support.  It seems
> to be running at a decent speed, so that's good.  But since I've been
> using FreeBSD for all my Internet applications, since the PPP speed in
> Linux is basically crap (2.8Kbps vs. 3.2Kbps for FreeBSD!), I also D/Led

define something crap because of such a small (in absolute terms, not
relative ones) difference in speed seems a bit too much!

> the BSD version, and even though there is no Java, it did fix ALL of the
> bugs I reported (non-blinking cursor, and problems with my dial-on-demand

the non-blinking cursor was a more general problem with timer events
which were not listened to when waiting for X events. This also
affected dynamic pages using the client-pull mechanism, and possibly
other features.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/