Date:      01 Apr 2002 22:39:27 -0800
From:      Unix Newbie <unix_newbie@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   keyboard mapping(I think)

  Hi!

    I believe these to be some really newbie questions to FreeBSD. I
just installed FreeBSD 4.5 on my system and I am having some trouble
figuring out keyboard mapping. With the root user the keyboard mapping
is perfect, when I hit tab it will auto fill the names, and if I hit the
up arrow it takes me to the last command, etc. Well, with any other user
on my system I can't seem to do that. If I hit tab it thows out some
wierd characters to the screen.

I did a quick man -k search for keyboard stuff, and I tried to use the
commands listed, but I think I am doing something wrong. Is keyboard
mapping even when I should be looking?I'll take anything, urls, docs, I
just appreciate the help!

Thanks!

   Terry

p.s. How do you change an existing users group?