Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:43:30 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The freebsd-questions Archives

Leslie Jensen writes:

>  I try not to disturb the list unless I need to using the list archive to
>  find answers.
>
>  I've never been successful in searching the archives it always returns
>
>  No matches were found for ...........
>

>  Now I see that the search index is not rebuild for a long time
>
>  --------------
>
>  Note:The archive search index was last rebuilt at Thursday, 08
>  Feb 2007 06:16:51 UTC. Any postings after that will not be found
>  by a search.  Index rebuild is usally done once every 24 hours
>  for this list. You can use a "View by date" link below to access
>  more recent postings.

	If this is true - if this represents a failure to rebuild the
index, instead of a failure to accurately record when the index was
rebuilt - well, actually it's a problem in both cases just a much
bigger one in the former.  Please test to make sure (for example,
are these messages indexed within 48 hours?) and if true file a PR.
	You may be on to something.  Messages I sent to ports@ on
Tuesday have not appeared on the index.

					Robert Huff