Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 97 00:37 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: rat-3.0.22 and guspnp7 sound driver

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:51:29 -0700,
   Amancio Hasty <hasty@RAH.STAR-GATE.COM> said:

> Hmm...
>
> Vat's volume slider seems to work over here.

Ok, my mistake. I had to recompile vat with the sound driver that you
sent me way back, which may have changed since then??? Anyway, after
moving guspnp7's soundcard.h and ultrasound.h to /usr/include/machine
vat compiles and indeed the volume slider works now! However, the
compile doesn't proceed clean: /usr/include/sys/ioccom.h redefine
a bunch of constants in soundcard.h, things like IOCPARM_MASK, IOC_VOID,
IOC_OUT, IOC_IN, _IO, _IOR, _IOW and _IOWR. How do I clean this up?
I am running FreeBSD 2.2.2, by the way.

> With rat I am getting this:
>
> {hasty} rat
> rat 224.2.240.123/24676
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion
> src/statistics.c:527: failed assertion

I don't see those. Rather I get
      rat in free(): warning: modified (chunk-) pointer.
      Getting volume: Invalid argument
      Getting volume: Invalid argument
      TCL error: invalid command name ".r.c.vol.b1.inner9"

-- Denis