Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:34:48 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-link DFE-650 incorrect duplex negotiation.

One of the last annoyances with my new laptop (after finding the new
flag for psm in -STABLE to disable sync checking, because it broke
the touchpad on suspend/resume);

My D-link DFE-650 pcmcia card does 10bT full/half duplex and 100bT
half duplex.

I'm getting good throughput at work on a 10bT hub with the 650 in 10bT
half duplex.
At home and running windows, on a 10bT switch, I get good throughput
with both ends getting full duplex.

At home and running freebsd, on a 10bT switch I get _terrible_ throughput
(2 or 3kbit/sec to local machines) - the switch says it's doing fdx
and the 650's dongle lights say it's doing hdx :/
3.2-R and -S +PAO3 as of the weekend.

The 650 only has one configuration listed in dumpcis, I can't change
anything there, none of the ed driver flags in if_edreg.h seem useful.
I'm boggled at why it managed to negotiate ok under 'doze but not bsd :/

card0: assign ed0 iobase 0x260 irq 15 flags 0x10
ed0: address 00:80:c8:8d:f4:cb, type Linksys (16 bit)

Any clues ? Duplex mismatches suck.

Thanks,
P.

--