Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:22:48 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        sos@freebsd.dk
Cc:        des@flood.ping.uio.no, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, sheldonh@uunet.co.za, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: linux_procfs port

At Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:52:20 +0200 (CEST),
Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk> wrote:
> > "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org> writes:
> > > I've made a clean emulators/linux_procfs port, which holds all sour=
ce
> > > files in it under files/ so we can maintain them within our CVS tre=
e.
> > > =

> > > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~knu/ports/emulators/
> > > =

> > > Please review it and report me bugs, if any.
> > > =

> > > I'll commit it if no problem.
> > =

> > Please - the decision to take linprocfs out of the tree has not yet
> > been made (to the best of my knowledge). Marcel (maintainer of the
> > so-called linuxulator) seems to be in favor of keeping it in the tree=
=2E
> =

> It has been decided that it should moved into the linuxulator, read
> the mail on the list from -core. =

> =

> -S=F8ren

Then, should I keep my linux_procfs port unofficial?:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~knu/ports/emulators/linux_procfs.tar.gz

And how about `rtc'?  I hacked up a port of it:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~knu/ports/emulators/rtc.tar.gz

This is another kernel module which provides /dev/rtc device, which is
useful for something like VMware 2.0.

And yes, ol' VMware2 port:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~knu/ports/emulators/vmware2.tar.gz

So, which and which are suitable for ports?  Probably we should take
the time for more discussion.

-- =

                           /
                          /__  __
Akinori -Aki- MUSHA aka / (_ /  ( (__(  <knu@idaemons.org>

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."