Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 15:16:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@altona.hamburg.com (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au (Darren Reed)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: > 80x24 ?

>From the keyboard of Darren Reed:

> is anyone looking at making FreeBSD boot into a text resolution greater
> than 80x24 ?  I sorta miss 132x60 in Linux...

The alternate console driver pcvt does support 132 cols on some VGA chipsets
and/or boards; 50 cols are supported on any VGA chipset. Read the pcvt docs
(/usr/src/usr.sbin/pcvt/Misc/Doc) and try it out on your hardware.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis           hm@altona.hamburg.com              Hamburg, Europe
                                              (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nstall BSD ?