Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:28:34 GMT
From:      wkb@freebie.demon.nl
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rawhide still broken on 4.3beta

Please prove me wrong.. but in my experience Rawhide (AS4[10]00) is still
broken in 4.3beta. At least as far as booting the CD goes:

kgpsa1, hose 0, bus 0, slot 4
   pks0, hose 0, bus 0, slot 5
     mc0, hose 0, bus 0, slot 3
     jumping to bootstrap code
     Console: SRM firmware console
     VMS PAL rev: 0x4000200010115
     OSF PAL rev: 0x4000200020117
     Switch to OSF PAL code succeeded.

     FreeBSD/alpha SRM CD9660 boot, Revision 0.1
     (jkh@beast.freebsd.org, Mon Mar 20 21:08:56 GMT 2000)
     Memory: 2097152 k
     > echo \007\007

     > autoboot 10
     Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
     Booting [kernel]...

(and hangs here)

I hope it is not the 2GB of memory biting me here. I cannot easily change
that, and our other AS4100 is 5GB so that is even worse (as far as
FreeBSD goes ;)

Wilko