Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 19:10:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        masumi@midori.jaist.ac.jp (Masumi Toyoshima)
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel wont work with -current

Hi!
---

Masumi Toyoshima writes:

] Here is infomation about current mount_ .
]
] To: freebsd-current@freebsd.org
] Subject: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.
] Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 19:21:03 +0500
] From: "A JOSEPH KOSHY" <koshy@india.hp.com>
] Sender: owner-current@freebsd.org
]
]
] Reassured by Peters earlier success report on making the world, I took
] the leap today and made world and rebooted.
]
] There is a minor gotcha that I got caught by: the newly built `mount'
] isn't compatible with a pre lite2 merge kernel and will fail on mounting `/'.
]
] Be sure to rebuild your kernel after `make world' and before rebooting.
]
] The fixit floppy is your friend if you do get caught by this, there is a
] copy of compatible mount on it.
]
] Thanks to all those who made the lite2 merge work!
]
] A question: is the 4.4 BSD Lite2 source being worked on by anyone?  Will
] there ever be a Lite3?
]
] Thanks,
] Koshy
] <koshy@india.hp.com>		My Personal Opinions Only.

So if I got that right, the problem is that the lite2 code isn't yet
merged into the SMP tree? -current Uniprocessor kernel works fine
with the new mount, although I tapped into the same trap and rebooted
my machine _before_ I had compiled a new kernel :-((((

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)
          (@@)    Andreas S. Wetzel       Mail: mickey@deadline.snafu.de