Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 11:06:45 -0600
From:      bind@tcart.eglin.af.mil (Bindemann, Alan (AC))
To:        "'cjclark@home.com'" <cjclark@home.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Problems w/ sio0 and USR 56k Faxmodem

No, I don't think it is.  I'm away from the system and I don't have the
model # right now, however, I remember that its PnP ID no. is listed in
sio.c (see FAQ http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ76.html#76 )

When I bought the USR modem I checked to ensure it wasn't a WinModem, and
nothing on the box indicates its a WinModem...

Thanks,
Alan

Bindemann, Alan (AC) wrote,
> I am having difficulties getting FreeBSD to work w/ an internal USR 56k
> faxmodem (ISA slot).

It wouldn't happen to be a WinModem?