Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:12:22 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SAS - Serial Attached SCSI

> I'm running SAS on a new Proliant DL360 G4p without a problem ... the RAID
> controller that I'm using 'masks' the fact that its using SAS drives ...

I have a similar box - after all your praises :-), and it's working fine.
but of course the SAS is hiding behind the the ciss.

btw, sun's ilo is by default the 'enterprise edition' while with hp it's
an add on, it allows for 'virtual disk/cd'. i also liked in hp the
'virtual power', now if it was also virtual as in virtual reality ...
we could save allot of power (maybe it will also be virtual power :-),
i wonder how long it will take till we have virtual programs, and
finaly virtual programmers ...