Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:00:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Marko Zec <zec@tel.fer.hr>
Cc:        <net@freebsd.org>, <hackers@freebsd.org>, <jlemon@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fxp patch - bundling receive interrupts

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, Marko Zec wrote:

> An updated fxp driver patch for bundling receive interrupts, thus saving
> a noticeable amount of CPU overhead for interrupt processing, can be
> found at http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/BSD/fxp/. New features include:

I haven't reviewed the code and don't have a fxp near, but your patch
sounds impressive.  I'm sure we'd all be proud of its inclusion in -stable
once enough testing has been performed.

That being said, I thought I should check on one thing:  In your original
post, you mentioned that these techniques came from the linux drive for
these cards.  In the process of writing this patch, did you copy any
section of code from the Linux driver?  If possible, it would be best to
avoid any GPL entanglements.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack