Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:44:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jason <jason@welsh.dynip.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/cuaa0 locked?

im trying to run a ups daemon on my machine to run my ups.. its connected
via serial cable to my ups..  when I run the program it initialize the
program it says
[jason@welsh]$ /usr/local/ups/bin/genericups -t1 /dev/cuaa0
Smart UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 0.20 (0.41.4)
UPS type: APC Back-UPS (940-0095A/B/C cable)
/dev/cuaa0 is locked by another process

how can I find out if /dev/cuaa0 is really being used by some other
process? ive checked output of ps -auxw and didnt see anything..
I looked in /var/spool/lock
and didnt see a LCK file for it. (just for /dev/cuaa1 which is my modem)

any ideas?

|  Jason Welsh   jason@welsh.dynip.com   |   If you think there's     |
|                                        |   good in everybody, you   |
|      http://welsh.dynip.com/           |   haven't met everybody.   |