Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:19:15 +0800
From:      "ouyang kai" <oykai@msn.com>
To:        robert@fledge.watson.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   some questions about ACL implementation

Hi, robert
   I am reading the ACL implementation based FreeBSD5.0 release. I have some
problems, please help.
   1. the 'extattrctl initattr -p / 388 posix1e.acl_access' command: why the
size is 388. the 'ufs_extattr_header' size is 12 and the 'acl' is 324, so
the sum is 336.
   2. what is the relationship of ACL_GROUP_OBJ and ACL_MASK? If I do not
set the ACL EA, we can not get the information of 'ACL_MASK'. ACL_MASK
represents what?
   3. "As part of the ACL is stored in the inode, and the rest in an EA,
assemble both into a final ACL product. Right now this is not done very
efficiently.", Do you any viewpoint about that? How we can improve the
efficiency?
   4. about ACL based on UFS2, do the ACLs of an inode store di_extb? Could
you introduce the ACLs' management on UFS2?
   Thank you very much!
Best Regards
  Ouyang Kai