Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2007 21:42:40 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ensel Sharon <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   is it possible to log in over ssh on a VERY SLOW link ?

Long story short:

I have set a dummynet rate limit on a remote system to be 10 bits/s.

This is, of course, ridiculously slow, and when I ssh to the system ssh
times out before it can negotiate a connection.

The question I have is, is there any way I can set the ssh and/or tcp
connection settings on my local FreeBSD system so that I _could_
successfully log in over ssh and run the 'ipfw del' command ?

In pseudocode:  "I don't care how slow it is, log in over ssh"

Any ideas ?

Thanks.