Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:23:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bms@spc.org
Cc:        dan@langille.org, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting wi running as a bridge

In message: <20020925214133.GQ26280@spc.org>
            Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org> writes:
: On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 04:57:26PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
: > My wireless network consists of two wireless cards running in ad-hoc
: > mode (one is an Orinoco gold in a workstation, the other a silver in
: > the laptop).  On the workstation, I'm trying what man wi says about
: [snip]
: > # ifconfig wi0 inet up ssid my_ap mediaopt hostap
: > ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured
: [snip]
:
: hostap is a PRISM2.5 thing. Orinoco is HERMES, not PRISM2. :-)

Hostap is a prism2, prism2.5 and prism 3 thing :-)

It also doesn't work with symbol firmware with anything that could be
called reliability.

Warner