Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:39:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Stable List <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   cvs update fails

Ummm...  anyone ever seen this?

Doing an update of my releng_2_2 source tree:

	setenv CVSROOT /usr/cvs  #pointing at my local CVS repository
	cd /usr/bigsrc/RELENG_2_2
	cvs update

# Runs fine for quite a while
cvs update: Updating src/usr.sbin/pcvt/vttest
cvs update: Updating src/usr.sbin/periodic
cvs update: Updating src/usr.sbin/pkg_install
assertion "rev == NULL || isdigit (*rev)" failed: file
"/usr/bigsrc/RELENG_2_2/src/gnu/usr.bin/cvs/cvs/../../../../contrib/cvs/src/rcs.c",
line 2861
Abort (core dumped)

I ran it again and it died in the same spot...  Any ideas?

Thanks,
---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx