Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:22:35 +0100
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <adm@unixmania.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: coloring up my life

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 10:37:06PM +0100, Morten Grunnet Buhl wrote:

> the long run. So I want to start coloring everything up nice and pretty.
> I have started on my shell (tcsh) and ls. This is where my knowledge on
> this subject ends. So my question is, does anyone else have
> pointer/tips/hints/ideas on how to put more color in my life?
> ie /etc/motd, commands other than ls, other?

look in /sys/i386/conf/LINT file, there are these optional settings:
(to put in your normal kernel config file, LINT is read-only)

# The following options will let you change the default colors of syscons.
options         SC_NORM_ATTR="(FG_GREEN|BG_BLACK)"
options         SC_NORM_REV_ATTR="(FG_YELLOW|BG_GREEN)"
options         SC_KERNEL_CONS_ATTR="(FG_RED|BG_BLACK)"
options         SC_KERNEL_CONS_REV_ATTR="(FG_BLACK|BG_RED)"

besides these, every program is responsible for its own colors (if
any), like mutt or tirc or others.

If this is not enough, go for X11 ;)

--

bye!