Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:58:19 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        cy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/42483: misc/screen problem with editors/vim-lite and tcsh

>Number:         42483
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       misc/screen problem with editors/vim-lite and tcsh
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD 4-STABLE

FreeBSD 4-stable as of 14 Aug.

there is a problem with screen 3.9.12 & 3.9.13:

using editors/vim-lite under screen (running either under xterm or under
PuTTY session), you have garbled keys (at least left and right arrows, but
these two are enough to feel *very* uncomfortably, you know ;-)

Problem does not occur when using bash as a shell.

I did not dig into this problem deeply. Does anybody know the correct
solution?

Please keep me CC:-ed

>How-To-Repeat:

(have misc/screen and editors/vim[-lite] installed)
tcsh
screen
vim
[Press right arrow]