Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:53:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        haupt@outof.ch
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dialup question

In message: <200207211916.16856.haupt@outof.ch>
            Emanuel Haupt <haupt@outof.ch> writes:
: i am using the following network/modem (all in 1) card on my dell
: latitude cpx laptop (running fbsd 5.0-DP1 newcard kernel):
:
: 3com 3c3fem656 c
:
: the xl0 network interface works without any problems. but now i want to
: use the included modem.

You can't, as far as I know.  It is a controller-less modem (also know
as a winmodem) not based on the lucent chipset (afaik).  So there's no
driver that will work with it.

Warner