Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:15:46 -0400
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        "Mike Jakubik" <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Subject:   RE: Disk 100% busy

I was not planning to. I was thinking though that without=20
softupdates and with sync, the disk would stay a lot busier.=20

Since I have enabled softupdates, the disk is not nearly as busy.=20
I may lose some mail if the machines panics for some reason, but=20
I think that is not likely.=20

>=20
> > I am using qmail - the author indicates that softupdates is not
> > recommended. However, I am going to give it a shot and see=20
> if I start
> > losing mail as he suggests may happen.
>=20
> Do yourself a big favor, and switch from this historic piece=20
> of software
> to something like Postfix.

BSD has been around since the 70s, any suggestions for something=20
more modern?

Thanks for the response.=20

-Will