Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:54:18 +0100
From:      Brian Candler <B.Candler@pobox.com>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@catpipe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Nash Nipples <trashy_bumper@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Simple LAN IP accounting

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 08:21:51PM +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> > very efficient way of doing this analysis. You can turn the sflow data into
> > simple CSV records using 'sflowtool', or ntop has an sflow module.
>
> 	Ntop just seems very unreliable and bloated to me, at least after
> 	version 1.  Has it changed ?

I don't know. I looked at it briefly recently, but it didn't do what I
wanted (which was to be able to export and analyse *all* flows seen). At
least, there was an "export" function, but it was broken.

If you just want something to visualize your top 20 traffic sources and
protocols, i.e. keep an eye on your network and notice sudden new large
sources such as viruses or P2P nodes, it may be useful.

Regards,

Brian.