Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:17:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Swandi Candra <c3004607@student.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Swandi Candra wrote:

> G'Day
>
> I'm wondering, if you could provide me with snapshot of chipmunk (CAD's
> application). I need it quite urgent for my report. Your help will be
> very helpful!

Are you aware of what a FreeBSD port is?  It's a small set of files and a
system of handling software, so that the software can be adapted to build
on a FreeBSD host.  It also allows automated contrustion of binary
packages of that software.  It ISN'T the software package itself, that
still has to be fetched from the author's site.

If you're not using it on a FreeBSD host, a FreeBSD port or a FreeBSD
package isn't going to do you a lot of good.

That said, you can get the FreeBSD ports and packages by entering the
appropriate subdirectory of ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD, depending on the
version of FreeBSD you're running (the directories make the selection
obvious).  If you're not running FreeBSD, it's going to be of real limited
help to you.

> Thanks.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |