Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:08:01 -0400
From:      Jim Wagner <jwagner@graffdeals.com>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: editors/libreoffice

Hello

I recently had to update my 8.2 box's ports system in an attempt to fix
a different issue.  Doing so caused LibreOffice to stop working due to
an updated dependency, even after updating/reinstalling several times.
I've found reference online to a flaw in LibreOffice that makes it not
work on 8.x, but there's no known solution.  I get the following
whenever trying to start LO on my system, even after removing the
profile directory as instructed online:

%libreoffice
javaPathHelper: not found
'com::sun::star::ucb::InteractiveAugmentedIOException'

What are the chances of getting a libreoffice-legacy8 port added to
revert to whatever version was functional on 8.x?  I know there is a
relatively recent version which will work because I was using it for
over a year without problem until I tried updating.  Barring that, how
would I go about getting the port files for an older version, aside from
doing a wipe of the system and restore to an earlier point in time?

Thanks for your time.

Jim