Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2012 18:16:50 -0500
From:      Mayank Joshi <mjoshi@gmx.us>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   webcamd - uploading custom firmware to DVB card

Hey Folks!

Recently, I ventured out on building a FreeBSD based HTPC and so far I =
am have been impressed. The only thing that is missing from my =
configuration is TV capture. I have the recommended hardware, but I have =
not had any luck with debugging the issue.

I have a Pinnacle PCTV 801e SE YUANRD card which is detected accordingly =
by my FreeBSD 9.0 system which  I am trying to configure with MythTV.=20

Today, I downloaded the two firmware pieces mentioned in the =
WebCamCompat wiki page and put them /boot/modules. The webcamd module is =
compiled with the MAKE_DEBUG option to spew debugging information.=20

Here is the usbconfig info -=20

ugen4.3: <PCTV 801e YUANRD> at usbus4, cfg=3D0 md=3DHOST spd=3DHIGH =
(480Mbps) pwr=3DON

  bLength =3D 0x0012=20
  bDescriptorType =3D 0x0001=20
  bcdUSB =3D 0x0200=20
  bDeviceClass =3D 0x0000=20
  bDeviceSubClass =3D 0x0000=20
  bDeviceProtocol =3D 0x0000=20
  bMaxPacketSize0 =3D 0x0040=20
  idVendor =3D 0x2304=20
  idProduct =3D 0x023a=20
  bcdDevice =3D 0x0100=20
  iManufacturer =3D 0x0001  <YUANRD>
  iProduct =3D 0x0002  <PCTV 801e>
  iSerialNumber =3D 0x0003  <0F00AED0E6>
  bNumConfigurations =3D 0x0001=20

When I start webcamd I get the following -

au0828 driver loaded
uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs directory
USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded =
successfully
Attached ugen4.3[0] to cuse unit 1
dvb-usb: found a 'Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB Stick' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software =
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB Stick)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Samsung S5H1411 QAM/8VSB =
Frontend)...
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
dvb-usb: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB Stick successfully initialized and =
connected.
dib0700: rc submit urb failed

Creating /dev/dvb/adapter8/demux0
Creating /dev/dvb/adapter8/dvr0