Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:01:41 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/sequencer and gmod-3.0.6?

Bill Fenner:
 |  I'm trying to update our port of gmod to 3.0.6 .  The UI seems to work
 |just peachy, but when it tries to go and play the mod file, it locks up.
 |A ktrace seems to show that it's writing a ton of data to /dev/sequencer.
 |
 |  I've got no clue what it might be doing.  If anyone with a GUS feels
 |like trying to figure out what's going on, my new port is at
 |
 |http://www.freebsd.org/~fenner/new-gmod.tar.gz

When I ported 3.01 to use the latest AWE driver, I observed the same
behavior.  Port at: multiverse.com/~rhh/awedrv.  As I recall, the old 2.0x
port of gmod did the same thing.

Didn't dig into it at the time, but I wonder if it's blocked writing the
sequencer device.  If so, I wonder if Linux does something different that
supports attempts to avoid blocking.

Randall