Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:09:28 +0900 (JST)
From:      Roger Williams <root@edo.naviservers.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Wierd MAil error not so obvious

Paul,
 Thanks, but i understand that, i was wondering what dirs that might be?
/var/sppol/mqueu or clientmque..etc   I tried changing both with no
success.

Roger

Roger Williams wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Ever since a recent upgrade I am getting the following error in my
> maillog:
>
> collect: Cannot write ./dfg6AIQeG04787 (bfcommit, uid=1599):
> Permission denied
>
> Has anyone seen this before?  Google has little info on this.
>
> Roger

Seems like you have the wrong permissions/owner set for some direc-
tory/files that are used in the mailhandling process. For changing
these take a look at 'man chmod' and 'man chown'. This is though
just a hunch as I haven't got this error you're describing myself.

Best regards,
Paul