Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 00:37:49 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>
Subject:   Re: NFSv3 seriously broken in 3.1

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, David O'Brien wrote:
>>> Me, too! I strongly suggest making NFSv2/UPD the default for 3.2
>> But it already is!
> It is in /etc/amd.map, but if you left out the "vers=2" you would be
> trying version 3 1st.  I changed the default from TCP to UDP as most
> (all?) reports I had, v3/UDP was working fine for people.

Just to make sure:

This is /etc/amd.map from the machine I've been talking about:

  /defaults       type:=host;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost}/host;rhost:=${key}
  *               opts:=rw,grpid,resvport,vers=2,proto=udp,nosuid,nodev

With this setup, I experience serious NFS problems, unless I explicitely
set "opts:=nfsv2" in all AMD maps.

This fix is necessary only for my 3.1 boxes. It was not necessary for my
2.2.7 boxes (resp. the same machine running 2.2.7).

Has there been any change to fix this on -STABLE after 3.1?

Gerald