Date:      Thu, 21 May 2020 19:04:03 +0000
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>, freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The new graphics ports and pkg-base

On 20/05/2020 23:46, Pete Wright wrote:

>> I am not sure about drm-devel-kmod but I can confirm that a binary
>> drm-current-kmod does contain sources and installs them when the port
>> is installed. You can see those files in the commit I posted above.
>>

> i am sorry, i had misread which version of the kmod you were referring
> to.  i am not sure why this is not implemented on the drm-devel-kmod
> port.  for this specific port it may be worth pinging the freebsd-x11@
> mailing list as they would be able to provide more insight into this
> change.

I kind of understand the change, I was asking more how this affect
pkg-base. I did try to compile 13-current kernel and world and package
it with pkg-base to install on another comp but I failed and I think it
was due to this issue - that the kernel/world didn't include the sources
from the drm-current-kmod package.

Does anyone in pkg-base know if it's just for drm-current-kmod or if it
will be used in other kmod ports as well? Because if it is, then the
whole pkg-base idea is going to be affected?

GrzegorzJ