Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:56:52 +0100
From:      Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FritzCard Pci2 - i4b-L1 ifpi2_isacsx_ind_hdlr deactivated

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:41:32PM +0100, Hanspeter Roth wrote:

> i4b-L1 ifpi2_isacsx_ind_hdlr: UNKNOWN Indication 0x1 in state F3 Deactivated
> i4bisppp: 2 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
> i4b: ISDN call control device attached
> i4btel: 2 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
> i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
> i4bipr: 2 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached (VJ header compression)
> i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
> i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached
>
> What does the message at the top mean? Is it relevant?

From the top of my head, it means that you've got a reset event in layer1.
I don't know what caused it however, since I don't remeber the FreeBSD code
to reset the l1-layer...

> Is the card not fully supported?

I ported this driver to NetBSD and I am also having some problems with it.
The problem seems to be that the cards sometimes has trouble to get
synchronized (getting from F4 to F5). I currently have some patches to
reset the card's l1 state machine (in isacsx_recover) and retry the activation
request. This seems to give me a working card - I tested it for a bit more
than a week now. I was planning to clean up my patches this week and have
them judged by someone with inside i4b knowledge. I could post them here
(or mail them to you), so you can back-port them to FreeBSD.

> I'm trying to run PPP over ISDN. The ppp tells it's dialing and
> after 20 seconds tells there is no carrier detected. This is the

This is because it cannot establish the connection with the NT1.

Leo.