Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 05:50:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        scrappy@hub.org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmaudio drivers...

> 	Got it installed, and am running the new kernel now.  Beautiful
> side effect of these new drivers...x11amp volume control now works without
> jamming up :)
>
> 	I still get 'stuttering' on the spectrum analyzer, which I'm
> taking to be not enough CPU more then anything, so am not too concerned,
> since I can shut it off...
>
> 	Fantastic job :)

thanks. now you are making me curious... where is x11 amp ?

(as for the stuttering problem: for sure it might be a problem with
lack of cpu, but it's kind of strange since if i am not mistaken mpeg
is already transform based so in principle you don't need to do any
transform of the data, just display the raw dct input... maybe it is
using some heavyweight code to display x11 images...)

in any case, where is x11amp ?

	cheers
	luigi