Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 2015 02:28:32 +0200
From:      "Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)" <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        Trevor Roydhouse <trev@sentry.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended WiFi / Bluetooth modules for embedded ARM projects?

On 2015-03-16 00:36, Trevor Roydhouse wrote:
> For WiFi, given my issues with a USB WiFi dongle stalling with the RPi
> B+ (if_urtwn driver), I used one of those $US 10-12 pocket wireless N
> routers (the size of a thumb drive) sourced from eBay which connects to
> the ethernet port, is powered from a USB port, and joins the WiFi
> network as a client. Works well.

I'm curious about those pocket routers... depending on hardware, you
could run FreeBSD inside them too!

On WiFi, before having 802.11ac, it could be nice to have 802.11n
working everywhere it could hardwarely work...

I wonder if those stalling issues could be fixed, instead of crazy
workarounds. Though, I would suggest adding monitoring on USB WiFi
anyway, just in case... Like I have in my BBB.