Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:26:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Handel <phandel@cise.ufl.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1024 bytes read installer problem

I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.3 onto an old 486/33 with 8MB of RAM,
no CD-ROM, and an ISA Intel Etherexpress Pro/10 card.  2.2.8 installed
without a hitch, but I'd rather use 3.3.  The install goes fine until
I start downloading chunks, where it stops at 1024 bytes.  Turning
debug on, I see the connection being opened and the data starting to
transfer, but the installer only reports receiving 1024 bytes.

I searched the archives, and found two people having the same problem,
one with a response:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1732501+1736287+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-questions/19990822.freebsd-questions

I am not behind a firewall.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter F. Handel          "[The anti-Christ] also forced everyone, small and
phandel@cise.ufl.edu      great ... to receive a mark [smart card?] on his