Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:51:05 +0200
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't find installed executables

On 10/11/2011 11=3A09 AM=2C Jim jim wrote=3A
=3E Hallo=2C
=3E I=27m kind of new to FreeBSD and installed the latest version a few day=
s ago=2C it gave me the option to install some packages and I chose some of=
 them like =27FlightGear=27 for example=2EBut now I don=27t know how to exe=
cute this game or any other program I got installed=2E I can find the folde=
r and it=27s like /usr/ports/games/flightgear but there is the Makefile so=
 I think that is the installation folder and i also tried to install it but=
 than it shows me that it is already installed=2ECould you tell me which on=
e is the executable and how to run it or where I can find it=3F
=3E Hope you can help me with this=2E
=3E Yours Sincerely
=3E Jim van Dooren=2E=20
Hi Jim=2C

Ports =28and packages=29 are installed under /usr/local
For Flightgear for example in de ports directory you mention
/usr/ports/games/flightgear there is a file pkg-plist which contains a list=

of files that are installed by this port=2E If you have done a rehash after=

installing then the binary should be found in your path=2E
Good luck=2E

This e-mail is for the intended recipient=28s=29 only=2E Access=2C disclosu=
re=2C copying=2C
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited=2E If yo=
u have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system=
=2E