Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:12:02 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Subject:   Re: More reports on the GUS PnP with Luigi's driver

Joao Carlos Mendes Luis scribbled this message on Sep 19:
> I have downloaded the 970909 version of snd driver.  The output in
> dmesg is somewhat different form the previous one, so I'm sending
> both:

well.. that's because some extra info lines was hidden behind the
bootverbose flag..  and now, (if you follow -current) even more is
hidden by the flag...

> Also:
>
> cat xxx.au > /dev/audio1:
> - No sound at all
> - No CPU consumed
> - cat sleeping on "dspwr"
>
> /dev/sndstat:
> FreeBSD Sound Driver Sep 19 1997 05:31:10
> Installed devices:
> pcm1: <mss> at 0x328 irq 12 dma 5:7
>
> I have no experience with IW programming, so you'll need help from
> somebody else in this respect.

ok.. I assume this is a GUS correct?? did the GUS work on the previous
version of snd??  Luigi will have to answer more of this...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD