Date:      01 Aug 2002 08:18:30 +0200
From:      maximilian sichart <maximilian@sichart.org>
To:        freebsd de liste <bsdhh@bsdhh.org>, "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: x as normal user

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 02:37, Chauncey Smith wrote:
> I've found with Xfree86 version 4. that is found in FreeBSD 4.6 you have to
> install a package called wrapper to allow none root users to startx. In
> older versions you just had to enable symbolic links in the xf86config
> software.

i installed the wrapper and also i followed the other instruction, i
didn start x, i tried ti start xdm. but then i was told

>Aug  1 07:56:58 jaspito gdm: Only root wants to run gdm
>Only root wants to run gdm

next i tried to start x as user:
#
Property 'DataType' is defined multiple times (KoDataTool)
Property 'ExcludeFrom' is defined multiple times (KoDataTool)
Could not dlopen library kcminit.la: /usr/local/lib/kcminit.so:
Undefined symbol
 "newItem__14QPtrCollectionPv"
Aug  1 08:02:49 jaspito /kernel.old: pid 370 (kcminit), uid 1002: exited
on sign
al 11 (core dumped)
/tmp/mcop-maximilian is not owned by user
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-371' to 'knotify'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
Could not dlopen library ksmserver.la: /usr/local/lib/ksmserver.so:
Undefined sy
mbol "static_QUType_int"
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/ksmserver.so: Undefined symbol
"process
Dynamic__10DCOPObjectRC8QCStringRCt9QMemArray1ZcR8QCStringRt9QMemArray1Zc"
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
/tmp/mcop-maximilian is not owned by user
waiting for X server to shut down
$ sh: turning off NDELAY mode
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.