Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:49:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        'Kent Stewart' <kstewart@owt.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: XFree86 Upgrade ||  XFree86 version

On 2002-08-15, MET scribbled:

# So far I've tried everything you guys have suggested.  This machine is a
# new install and would be easy to reinstall from scratch.  Should I try
# that?
#
# Install everything but the X-related material and then install XFree86,
# KDE 3, and Qt 3 from there-on. ??

I believe the default version of XFree86 that is referenced in FreeBSD
4.5-RELEASE is 3.3.6, so you will need to update the
/etc/defaults/make.conf file and find the line that says:

#XFREE86_VERSION=	4

Remove the # from the line and try to rebuild the QT3 port. The
XFREE86_VERSION variable's default value change from 3 to 4 in FreeBSD
4.6.

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org