Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:47:03 +0900
From:      "Daniel P. Wright" <dani@dpwright.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Keyboard cutting off soon after launching X

Hello,

I am having issues with my keyboard running FreeBSD 9-RELEASE.  It is
recognised fine by the system and works within the console (outside of X),
but within a couple of minutes of X launching it stops working in X.  I can
still use ctrl-alt-F1 (or whatever) to break back out to the console, and
from there can kill X and relaunch.  It cuts out within a minute or so
every time though, so the computer is pretty much unusable under X.

I've seen similar problems on the FreeBSD forums, and tried to follow the
advice there, namely:

1) Ensuring the half and dubs daemons are running
2) Setting [Option  "AutoAddDevices"  "Off"] in xorg.conf
3) Setting [Option  "AutoEnableDevices" "Off"] in xorg.conf (which is
advised against but I was getting desperate)

None of it has been of any help.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated
as my computer is pretty much unusable as it is.

Thanks,

Dani.

PS - Apologies if this email is formatted strangely; I am having to use the
gmail interface and I have no idea what they do to their mails.