Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 15:31:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (JULIAN Elischer)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, jdp@polstra.com, cat@ghost.uunet.ca, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice/Recommendation needed

> last I looked America was a continent and not a country..

Last I looked, America was not a continent on MY map...  however there is
"North America" and "South America"...

But placed back in context, usually the term "American" is used to refer
to things relating to the United States of America.  Particularly the phrase
"American attitudes", that to me suggests that the author is referring to
attitudes here in the States that are somewhat different from the rest of
the world..  not uncommon  :-(

... JG