Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 20:17:48 -0800
From:      Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <pavlin@catarina.usc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        pavlin@catarina.usc.edu
Subject:   `mediaSetFTP' failure

FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE

I am using sysinstall script, but there is some problem with the
anon FTP setup. After I load the config file, the following menu
shows up:
"Please select a FreeBSD FTP distribution site "
Any selection ("URL", "Cancel") results in the following message:

Command `mediaSetFTP' failed - rest of script aborted.

If I go after that to the "View/Set various installation options ->
Media type->FTP->URL", I just need to fill in the URL (the interface
data is already filled in), then I can reload the config file and the
installation works fine.

The relevant setup from the script is below:

netDev=de7
hostname=XXX.XXX.XXX
ipaddr=X.X.X.X
domainname=XXX.XXX
nameserver=X.X.X.X
defaultrouter=X.X.X.X
netmask=X.X.X.X
netInteractive=yes
ftp=ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX/pub/FreeBSD/
mediaSetFTP
(the rest of the setup follows here)

Unfortunately, I am using the serial port as a console, and cannot
see the debug messages that usually appear on ttyv1.

Just wondering whether it is bug in my script or in sysinstall.

Thanks,
Pavlin