Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 05:01:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        jakob@teligent.se (Jakob Alvermark)
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail, procmail or smail?

Jakob Alvermark wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Which maildaemon should I use in my new mailserver? Procmail or smail?
> Which is the best? Easiest to configure? Should I use the standard
> sendmail? I'm not very familiar with sendmail.cf.

	i dont know eiter procmail or qmail.

	i doubt that they can offer the flexibility that sendmail
	has.   dont modify /etc/sendmail.cf directly, rahter use
	hte .mc files in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf as templates
	to create a .mc for your site.  the README in the directory
	immediately above is very useful.
jmb